- Visit the Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage. (world’s largest collection of captive elephants)
- Herbs & Spice Garden Visit.
- Working Tea Factory Visit.
- Royal Botanical Garden of Peradeniya.
- Gem Museum & Showroom Visit.
|DEPARTURE TIME||Departure at 7:30 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||At approximately 5:00 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable clothing, hat, jacket, and sunscreen.|
|EXCLUSIONS||Tips and other expenses of a personal nature|
7.30 AM – 9.00 AM: Transportation
This was set up to save abandoned or orphaned wild elephants and to prevent them from extinction (Especially tuskers). This is the only place in Sri Lanka where you can see many elephants in closed quarters.
9.30 AM – 11.30 PM: See the activities at pinnawala
- Fruit & Milk Feeding – Daily at: 09.00 am & 12.15 pm
- Herd Leaving to the River – Daily at: 10.00 am & 2.00 pm
11.30 PM – 2.00 PM: Drive to the Botanical Garden.
On your way back
- Lunch in a recommended hotel.
- Herbs and spice garden visit.
- working tea factory.
2.00 PM – 5.00 PM: Visit to the Botanical Garden & drive back to the Hotel
In the past, this was a royal pleasure garden which is now the largest botanical garden in Sri Lanka. One of the major attractions is the giant Javan fig tree on the great lawn which covers 1600 square meters. There are fine collections of many flowers especially orchids and endemic flowers in Sri Lanka. Avenue of double coconut palms is a picturesque sight for photographers including various species of birds.
- Visit a Gem Museum and the Store