Trek knuckles range walking through villages viewing green paddy fields breathing fresh air and a session of enjoying village food. This mind soothing adventure will pave the way for you to experience a lot of new things.
Grade Level-Smooth & Medium
Duration – One Day
Trekking Distance – 15 KM
*The journey is approximately 15 KM one way A to B smooth medium trek and the trekking distance can be negotiated and this magical trek is suitable to anyone who likes to experience the beauty of Sri Lanka.
|DEPARTURE TIME||Departure at 7:30 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||At approximately 4:00 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable clothing, hiking boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen, swimming kit.|
Lots of fun and adventure
|EXCLUSIONS||Tips and other expenses of a personal nature|
7.30 AM – 9.00 AM: Hotel pick up and Transport
- En route you will have a tea break with snacks before going to the trek starting point.
9.00 AM – 10.30 AM: Wooden Bridge Crossing & Magical Rice Fields Trekking
- terraced rice fields & walk along the canal bunt
- Paddy Cultivation Process
- Exciting Irrigation & water management System
- See the bird life while walking and more
10.30 AM – 12.30 PM: Jungle & Tea Plantations Trekking.
- Our aims on this trek,
- Panoramic green views.
- Tea trail paths.
- High forest and Cardamom growth.
- Secluded mountain village visit.
- Ever green dwarf cloud forest.
- Crystal clear streams and swimming in a natural Pool.
- Beautiful river with rapids.
- Kandyan Village Home Gardens.
- Endemic flowers, birds, small animals, lizards, reptiles & butterflies.
12.30 PM – 1.30 PM: Swimming in the Natural Pool & Enjoying the Picnic Lunch.
- You will love to swim in the 2.5 M deep natural rocky pool and have the picnic lunch near the waterfall.
1.30 PM – 2.30 PM: Trekking & Mountain Village visit
2.30 PM – 4.00 PM: Drive Back To Kandy
Knuckles Mountain Range
The Knuckles Mountain Range consists of 9 main mountain range and 35 supporting mountain peaks which gives magnificent scenic view and can be categorized as one of the most valuable UNESCO World Heritage Site in Sri Lanka.
“Dumbara Mitiyawatha ” which means ” The Misty Valley ” is The Sri Lankan name for this mountainous area and later it named as “Knuckles Range” by British. The entire Valley and the mountain area is around 21,000 hectares ( 155 Sq. KM) in extent and the peak is around 1900 M above Sea level.it is rich with varieties of flora, fauna, endemic species and above 17 varieties of birds.
Knuckles Range is a best location in Sri Lanka for Hiking, Trekking & Adventure Camping tours for the nature lovers.
Trekking through remote local villages, tea estates, rice fields, vegetable fields, pigmy forests, plateaus swimming in Waterfalls, trekking along rivers, home spice gardens are highlights in knuckles trekking trips. Trekkers could also have the opportunity of bird watching, watching the sunrise, meeting up & interacting with villagers and also encounter with species such as Deer, Wild Bow, Barking deer, Deer monkey and various types of Lizards.